"Did He Cheat?" - The Al Walser Story
Whether you view this nomination as the story of a driven, hard working underdog, or as an artist who simply exploited a flaw that lead him to take the place of another deserving and hard working producer, it is quite clear that Al Walser has achieved a level of success far beyond what anyone would ever have expected.
The Edm Network - Exclusive Interview With Al Walser (Grammy Nominee)
There has been an extraordinary amount of controversy surrounding the recent nomination of Al Walser for Best Dance Recording at the 2013 Grammys. Whether you view this nomination as the story of a driven, hard working underdog, or as an artist who simply exploited a flaw that lead him to take the place of another deserving and hard working producer, it is quite clear that Al Walser has achieved a level of success far beyond what anyone would ever have expected.
After undergoing a significant amount of research, and even going so far as to host a live interview with Al Walser himself, we've come to one undeniable conclusion:
Al Walser, as far as we can tell, is certainly not the outrageous fraudster that he has been made out to be. Rather, the ire of the public should instead be directed straight at the source of the problem: the out-dated, uninformed, and tragically under-qualified voters of the Grammy Academy. While the "Academy" undergoes an annual orgy of back-slapping and revelry that has little or nothing to do with the quality or relevance of the music being nominated; their system has allowed a clever social engineer to slip through the cracks.
We will be discussing this issue much further in the follow-up to this article next week.
In the meantime, take a minute (or 47) to watch the sit-down chat we had with Al Walser himself, and make sure to let us know what you think! Is Al Walser, as he says, the "Robin Hood" of independent artists, or is he something else entirely?
- SNEAK PREVIEW of "Got 2 Come Together" by @DodgeandFuski (@501dubz #Remix) - OUT SOON on @DiscipleRecs: http://t.co/A4HwnLqNgm@demus_music
- 'Recycle' by @thesubdue #FREEDOWNLOAD http://t.co/S5mE1iH49D
- Glitch - Got 2 Come Together by Dodge & Fuski (501 Remix) - Disciple Recordings: http://t.co/yQhm8rG18Qvia @YouTube
- Dubstep ... It's kinda like that http://t.co/xhyjl3P6Rz
- 'Pull Up' by @PointBlankmatar #FREEDOWNLOAD http://t.co/cqgtLruqIr#Dubstep
- What new genres are you guys feeling recently? Anything we should be checking out?
- 'This Is How You Know' by @coyotekissesxo Out Now on SoMeta Records http://t.co/Moqj7Ng9r9#Dubstep
- The @MinistryofSound make #Dubstep History with "Dubstep Darker 3" ft. @Xilent @CookieMonstaDUB @Candyland @AyahMarar http://t.co/MyxaqOsOkE